This test contains Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) related to Computer Software.
MCQs about computer software for the preparation of computer science-related degrees such as ICS, BS computer science, and computer-related certificates.
MCQs Computer Software
- ________ is the term used alternatively for programs and it tells a computer what to do and how to do it.
- _______ includes programs (software) that perform a single task such as word processing, spreadsheet analysis, or database management.
- ___________ includes those programs that control the operations of a computer system as well as devices that make up the computer system.
- The procedure for starting or restarting a computer is called
- Starting a computer after power has been turned off is referred to as
- Restarting a computer while the power is still on is called
- The is an operating system program that manages computer components, peripheral devices, and memory.
- The __________ is a memory resident that remains in memory while the computer is in operation.
- A __________ is a setting that the software publisher has pre-programmed under the assumption that this option is the choice favored by most of the users.
- A _________ is a kind of window that appears temporarily and disappears once the user has entered the requested information.
- A _________ program performs a single maintenance or repair task, that includes checking for viruses, uninstalling programs, deleting data, fragmentation, and scanning of disk.
- Antivirus software is a type of
- A ________ is a security system software that acts as a boundary to protect a computer or network from unauthorized access
- A ________ is a program that translates (converts) human language (high-level language) into a machine language
- A __________ is a program that translates an entire computer programming code into machine language before the program will run.
- ________ is an interface that uses buttons, menus, and symbols, making it easier to work with text, graphics, and other elements.
- A program that enables a computer to communicate with devices such as printers and monitors is a
- Microsoft Windows is included in which of the following?
- In Windows where is the START Button?
- In Windows when a file is deleted where does it go?