MCQs about Computer Basics cover the topics related to software, hardware, input devices, output devices, CPU, RAM, ROM, and secondary storage, etc.
MCQs about Computer covering the general topics fo the preparation of computer-related degrees such as ICS, BS Computer Science, and different Computer-related certificates.
The greatest scientists of their era, Abu Jaffar Muhammad Ibn Musa Al-Khawarizmi (780-850), Alan Mathison Turing (1912-1954), and John Von Neuman (1903-1957) took part in the invention of computers. A mathematician and a scientist (of France) Blaise Pascal developed the first mechanical computing machine called “Paccaline” in 1642. Leibnitz invented the machine and named it the “Multiplier Wheel” to perform basic arithmetic operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. The “MUltiplier Wheel” machine was further modified in 1971.
In 1833 Charles Babbage invented the “Analytical Engine” which was the first programmable computer. The basic units of the Analytical Engine were (I) A storage, (ii) A mill, and (iii) A control unit. Mauchly and J.P. Ekert at Moor School of Engineering in the USA gave the name to the computer as “Electronic Numerical Integrator and Calculator (ENIAC)”.
MCQs Computer Basics
- CPU is an example of
- A set of instructions given to the computer to solve a problem is called
- The unit that executes program instructions is called
- The unit that coordinates different devices of the computer system is called
- A computer bus consists of
- The primary storage unit is also called
- Computer operations are synchronized by
- Which of the following is not another name for computer memory?
- Which of the following is not an output device?
- Laser beam technology is used in
- A set of instructions that run the computer are
- Data and programs not being used by the computer are stored in
- An inkjet printer is an example of
- The cursor on the screen can be moved by
- Another name for secondary storage is
- Which of the following is a common input device?
- Which of the following is not a type of memory?
- The electrical paths that carry data from one computer device to another are called
- Which of the following devices does not use magnetic media for storing data?
- When the CPU executes an instruction, which of the following happens first?
Learn Basic Statistics