This page is about Multiple Choice Questions and Answers for the subject of Business Mathematics. MCQs about Linear Equation (and Business Mathematics) will help the students to learn fundamental concepts and will enable them to self-assessment the core concepts related to mathematics and the application of mathematics in the field of business. Let us Start with MCQs Linear Equation.
MCQs about Linear Equations and Functions for the preparation of Business Mathematics. It covers Linear related topics for the preparation of examinations for the degrees of MBA, ICMAP, CA, commerce, and other business degrees.
Key Points about Linear Equation
- An equation states the equality of two algebraic expressions.
- The algebraic expression may be stated in terms of two or more variables.
- The numbers or values of the variables, which make the equation true are referred to as the roots of the equation.
- Roots are the values of the variable(s) which satisfy the equations.
- An identity is an equation that is true for all values of the variables.
- The equation $5(x+y)=5x+5y$ is an example of identity.
- A conditional equation is true for only a limited number of values of the variables, for example, $x+3=5$ is true only when $x$ equals 2.
- A false statement or contradiction is an equation that is never true. That is, there are no values of the variable(s) which make the two sides of the equation equal. For example, $x=x+5$.
- Solving an equation refers to the process of finding the roots of an equation if any roots exist.
- Equivalent equations are equations, which have the same roots.
- Any straight line, with the exception of a vertical line, can be characterized by its slope.
- Slope refers to the inclination or declination of a line.
- The slope of a line may be positive, negative, zero, or undefined.
- A line with a positive slope rises from left to right or runs uphill.
- A line having a negative slope falls from left to right or runs downhill.
- A line having a zero slope is horizontal.