This quiz is about Online MCQS Computer Basics.
The greatest scientists of their era, Abu Jaffar Muhammad Ibn Musa Al-Khawarizmi (780-850), Alan Mathison Turing (1912-1954), and John Von Neuman (1903-1957) took part in the invention of computers. A mathematician and a scientist (of France) Blaise Pascal developed the first mechanical computing machine called “Paccaline” in 1642. Leibnitz invented the machine and named it the “Multiplier Wheel” to perform basic arithmetic operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. The “MUltiplier Wheel” machine was further modified in 1971.
MCQs about Computer Basics covering the topics related to software, hardware, input devices, output devices, CPU, RAM, ROM, and secondary storage, etc.
Online MCQs Computer Basics
- The technical term is not related to computer systems.
- The supercomputer was invented by
- Which of the following terms is not associated with computers?
- The special files of DOS are
- “Binary Codes” as used in computer sciences are codes made up of which of the following two numbers?
- Bill Gates is more well-known as
- Which of the following is the unit to express the computer memory?
- Which one of the following characteristics is absent in a computer, however, sophisticated it may be?
- Which was the first company in the world to manufacture computers for commercial use?
- Which of the following computers was the first to use the concept of stored programs?
- Which company was the first to distribute a mouse as a standard component with personal computers?
- Which Intel microprocessor started the PC revolution?
- Intel is the largest manufacturer of microprocessors. What does the name “Intel” stand for
- PC was originally a trading name of
- Which was the first truly electronic computer?
- What is the name of the processor who coined the name virus for self-replicating programs?
- Microprocessors were introduced first time in
- Optical device was used in which of the following computers for the first time?
- Hybrid computer is
- A bus with 32 data lines can transport how many bits at a time
In 1833 Charles Babbage invented the “Analytical Engine” which was the first programmable computer. The basic units of Analytical Engine were (I) A storage, (ii) A mill, and, (iii) A control unit. Mauchly and J.P. Ekert at Moor School of Engineering in the USA gave the name to the computer as “Electronic Numerical Integrator and Calculator (ENIAC)”.
If you found that the Above POSTED MCQ is/ are WRONG
PLEASE COMMENT below The MCQ with the CORRECT ANSWER and its DETAILED EXPLANATION.
Learn Basic Statistics